Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Canal Path in November

To get to and from the woods, I have to walk along the canal. Such luck. The sun was spectacular this morning. This is another 8x10 on Wallis paper prepared with acrylic wash before applying pastel.

I was reading a review of the Helen Vendler book on Emily Dickinson yesterday. Emily wrote short poems frequently for a period of many years. If the Internet had been around then, she could have done a Poem a Day. Anyway, I was thinking that little paintings, just like little poems, can still have a major impact.

4 comments:

cohen labelle said...

This is v beautiful! Some of Dickinson's poems were set to music by Aaron Copland. worth listening to.

Bob Lafond said...

Cohen, Thank you. I love both Dickinson and Copeland.

Shirley Fachilla said...

Beautiful color combinations here, and you describe an interesting technique.
I don't know if Emily would have posted a poem a day. She was afterall a very private person, but I think she would have liked this daily painting very much.

Bob Lafond said...

Shirley, Thank you very much. You have great insight into Emily.