Tuesday, July 25, 2023

In the Other Direction


In the Other Direction. 9x12 inches, oil on canvas panel. 

This morning I wanted to paint the Hopper again but ended up painting in the other direction. As I walked to my painting spot, I wondered if the bear had returned.  I noticed that a large branch high up in the birch next to the apple tree had crazily lowered itself into the apple tree.  Then I saw the bear partially hidden about ten feet above me. The bear was quiet and still but then let out a snort and the branches moved.  What a klutz! Suddenly I realized maybe I was the klutz.  I moved gently away to another location where the view of the Hopper was not as good as the view in the other direction.  But from where I was, I could see the bottom of the birch and saw the bear eventually leave.  The bear left a mess up in the apple tree.

No comments: