Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Call of The Round Hay Bale



When the sun appeared this afternoon, I went walking up the road with my sketchbook to explore the next painting project.  I couldn't help looking at the rows of round hay bales.   One contained possibly forty bales, all perfectly line up and very uninteresting.  I was told that they were done earlier probably by somebody who's done it before.  But at least two other sets of rows in two different fields were done by somebody not as neat.   These two drawings show the same row askew in one field, which presents possibilities for a painting.

I do have a non-hay bale painting project lined up in the same vicinity, but first I must overcome my lingering inclination to paint round hay bales. Even if the bales are now lined up on the edge of the field, their sloppy line is still intriguing.

No comments: