Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Bird Watcher or An Artist


It was threatening to rain, and I had just stopped working on this drawing while on my favorite dirt road when a car slowed down and stopped behind me.  The woman at the wheel said that she and the other women in the car wanted to know if I was bird watching or an artist?  I said I was watching the tree ahead, and then showed them the drawing.  I guess it looked good from a distance of ten feet from the reaction.  The driver said she was not good with her hands, except with a gun (!).  She explained that she had been a police person "80 pounds ago".  I guess they were from the area since not everyone knows about this dirt road, often used as a shortcut by speeding cars, to a pedestrian's lament.  I was happy that they were so polite.

No comments: