Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hanging On



For a sunny day in the second half of April, it was cold and windy.  I went back to the old barns and painted this view quickly.  Gray, green and blue.   This view shows the edge of one barn, and the last add-on to a long barn, composed of several add-ons, all hanging on for dear life.  There's another structure below the horizon.  They all stand there like a still life that's been around for a long time.

One of the things I learned today is that, if you know where you are going to paint, it's beneficial to have your palette prepared ahead of time.  Then all you need do is paint.  I carry my palette in the same flat container for both studio and outside painting, so I can set it up before I leave.  It just never occurred to me how good an idea that is.

No comments: