Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fourth Avenue


A 9x12 pastel of Fourth Avenue near Carroll Street in Brooklyn.  I have been changing my approach to pastels, trying to use them in layers, keeping them loose and allowing the layers to show, building up as in an oil painting using fixative to simulate drying, sort of the way I imagine Degas worked.

Yesterday marked my fourth year with this blog.  I wish I had time to improve the blog, but I would rather paint.  At least the paintings have improved.

2 comments:

Eden Compton Studio said...

I really like your paintings of Brooklyn Robert! My first apartment was in Red Hook - back when you couldn't walk to the subway station by yourself at night and before the restaurants with $15 glasses of wine ; ) ! I particularly like this pastel. Nice color combination.

Bob Lafond said...

Eden, Thank you. I appreciate your comments. I have only explored a small part of Brooklyn, but I like it a lot.